Sunday, August 24, 2008

Brad Pitt and Me

The guest list for the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival is out. Look closely at the list of 500 names and there I am, three spots away from Brad Pitt. Here's an excerpt from the list, highlighted to highlight my importance, or at least my alphabetical proximity to importance:

...Bill Maher, Bill Sales, Bob Martin, Bohdan Sláma, Brad Pitt, Breno Silveira, Brian Goodman, Brian Stockton, Brianna Scarfone, Brigitte Pogonat...

Forget for a moment that 'alphabetical by first name' is a bizzarre and revolting aberration of the computer age, I'm there! On the list! Near Brad Pitt! I'll be there to premiere my new 9 minute short film called Whitmore Park (The Epic Story of My Life Part 4). Pitt will be there screening something longer and more expensive.

As the festival gets under way I will attempt to blog from the scene. It's my fifth appearance as a filmmaker, so maybe I'll get a gold watch or something.


Me, Brian Stockton, in a scene from Whitmore Park (The Epic Story of My Life Part 4). Photo by Charity Christie.

3 comments:

Amalia said...

Hey, welcome to the world of blog!

wcdixon said...

kewl

Unknown said...

that is the coolest map, ever! I'm looking forward to more reports of your brushes with greatness during the festival.